Brownies – Am just crazy about them.. I can manage to eat brownies as a whole meal !! These delicious Coffee Walnut Brownies have a slight crust on top and are super soft and gooey inside. Its a heavenly combo of chocolate, coffee and crunchy walnuts!! Who would say NO to this?? A perfect treat/dessert for any special occasion or parties.. I came across this recipe from a cookbook and changed a few ingredients to suit our taste!! Its quick and easy to make too..
20/4/17 – Post updated with video
Here is the video…
Now to the recipe…..
[Preparation Time-15 mins : Baking Time- 30 mins]
- All purpose Flour/Maida – 3/4 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Plain Chocolate – 3/4 cup (roughly chopped)
- Walnut – 1/4 cup (roughly chopped)
- Instant Coffee powder – 2tbsp
- Curd/Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Brown Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C. Take a square baking tray and grease it with butter/non stick spray and line it with a baking sheet. Take half of the chocolate and butter in a microwave proof dish and microwave for a minute. It should melt and blend together. Let it cool.
- Take brown sugar and yogurt in a wide bowl and whisk it well. Make sure there are no lumps in it and is smooth. Now add the cooled choco – butter mixture to this and mix well.
- Add chopped walnuts, remaining chocolate,coffee powder, all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and mix well. It will be in the form of a thick batter. Pour the batter into the lined square tray and smoothen it.
- Bake it in the pre-heated oven for 30 mins or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean. Let it cool completely and cut it into squares.
Thats it!!! Yummy Coffee Walnut Brownies are ready!!
Enjoy them as is or with a scoop of ice cream!!
- If u would like to include eggs, skip the yogurt and use 2 eggs instead.
- I would highly recommend using brown sugar. It has a unique taste and gives a good texture to the coffee walnut brownies.
- To melt the chocolate and butter u can follow double boiler method too. Heat a pan with water and place the chocolate and butter in another vessel over it and melt it.